Journal articles about the town
The downloadable articles below are included because they may be difficult to locate elsewhere online.
Bingham, Peregrine and Jardine, David (1833). Report on the Corporation of Stratford-upon-Avon. Reports from Commissioners on Municipal Corporations in England and Wales, HMSO, pp.117-122.
Brailsford, William (1882). The Clopton Monuments at Stratford-on-Avon. The Antiquary, Vol. 5, 206-208.
Britton, John (1836). Architectural Essay on the Church and Chancel of Stratford-on-Avon. The Analyst, Vol. 4, 266-270.
Dawson, R.K. (1837). Stratford on Avon Municipal Borough. Boundary Commission, map scale 4 inches to a mile.
Fryde, Natalie M. (1971). John Stratford, Bishop of Winchester, and the Crown, 1323–30. Historical Research 44(110), 153-161.
Hodgson, Arthur (1876). Clopton and the Cloptons. Journal of the British Archaeological Association: First Series, 32(2), 238-242.
Hudson, Robert (1890). The Story of the Stratford and Moreton Tramway. Typed manuscript, 12pp
Knowles, E.H. (1854). An Architectural Account of the Collegiate Church of the Holy Trinity. Appendix in Neil, S., The Home of Shakespeare Described (Warwick: H.T. Cooke, 1862) pp.75-80.
Wellstood, Frederick C. (1920). Rambles among the Old Records of Stratford-upon-Avon. Lecture to the Shakespeare Club, reprinted from the Stratford Herald.